This weekend was a very special weekend for us as a family. Both sides of the family came down to celebrate with us as we blessed Alex yesterday. It was a blast! Unfortunately, the four nephews on my side of the family were either hacking up a lung or had some other ailment, so we didn't get to spend mu ch time with the Brewers. We did, however, have a great time with the Hansens. On Saturday we went to SanTan to walk around and do a bit of shopping, plus we busted out the stroller for the first time. I was a little nervous because we had read our particular stroller can be tricky to open and close, but we didn't have a problem. Then we headed back to Adam's parents' house for a barbecue. It was so fun sitting around and talking while we ate, but i think most of us got an ab workout when we started playing games. We played Signs, Big Booty (hadn't played that since high school, i forgot how much fun it is), and other things like that. I still think the highlight was when Jeremy (Andrea's husband) was in tears because he was laughing so hard. It was great.
As I mentioned earlier, we blessed our little Alex on Sunday. It was so beautiful. Words cannot describe what I feel in my heart. I have this overwhelming sense of joy and love every time I think about the wonderful things that were said in the blessing and how so many family members came from out of state to show their love and support. I am so truly grateful to be apart of such a wonderful family and to have such wonderful friends.
13 years ago
2 comments:
He's adorable!
That picture is so cute of Alex!! I love his chubbiness right there. I am so glad we could be there for the blessing. It really was a great weekend!! We you love!!!
Post a Comment