Sunday, June 13, 2010

Winter, Hot Chocolate and June...?

So we spent this weekend in Joseph, Utah. If you are thinking you have never heard of the place, that is not surprising. It is a tiny little town with maybe 500 people there on a good day... and 70+ of those were from our family this weekend.

We had a chance to get together with my mother-in-law's side of the family and Joseph is where she grew up. Coming from sunny Arizona and 110 degree weather, we were packed mostly with flip flops and shorts. some of us had jackets, but most of us didn't. I am pretty sure that we doubled the sales at the Wal-mart in Richfield in two days. Now some may think we are just desert rats and have thin blood, and that is probably true. But in our own defense the weather was predicting snow... in JUNE!! There is just something inherently wrong with that. I guess this is one of the many reasons I live in Arizona. At least our seasons are preidctable; Tolerable, Hot, Really Hot, and You've Got to be Kidding Me!

On Saturday we had several activities going. There was some skeet shooting, and Adam represented us city dwellers by hitting 15 of 15 in the shoot off that followed. Some very brave souls decided to go rafting down a giant canal/ditch (seriously) ending with a few getting wet as one of the rafts sprung a leak. I stayed to tye-dye t-shirts and then assist in the kids activities. I somehow got recruited to help do the face painting, and I apologize for the kids who had me as their artist.

We decided to drive home Saturday night so Alex would sleep. We got home safe and sound about 4:20 am. 

2 comments:

Joanne said...

So glad you came to Joseph for the reunion. It was so good to see you and to meet cute little Alex. He is the sweetest little boy ever! It was a fun time to be altogether, Pennys' dvd is a treasure, and 500 is probably a very high estimate!

Jamie said...

It was so good to finally meet you! Thanks for making the drive up to cold Joseph.