Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thoughts of the Heart

My heart is very full today. Alex is eight weeks old, and I am finding it bittersweet. On the one hand he is becoming more alert and really starting to discover the range in his voice, which is so fun; on the other I feel that he is getting bigger way too fast. Poor Adam, he has to deal with my still stabilizing emotions. Everyone said the first six weeks are the worst, but I think I am having a delayed reaction...

Another emotion coursing through my veins today is gratitude. Gratitude for such a wonderful husband who loves unconditionally me and helps talk me through my more difficult moments. For such a beautiful son and the joy he brings into our home. And also for family and friends who help us and support us. Most importantly, I am so grateful for the gospel and all I am learning from my Savior. I am so grateful for His trust in me and the beauty of His Atonement. Words cannot do justice to what is in my heart.

I love you all. Thank you seems so inadequate, but thank you just the same.

1 comment: